Thursday, November 6, 2008

Update

Well, as you can see I failed at running a consistant blog during the 2008 year. I'll try to start posting more regularly between tech articles. Like I stated before, I have thousands of pics for dozens of VFAQ style posts just waiting for me to take the time to make them. Anyway, in the mean time, here's a bit of an update.



The talon is running well as a daily driver. As you know if you've read my blog I put a 2.3L stroker motor (Built by R///RE in last December). It's a fully built motor w/ an Eagle/Wiseco combo (rods/pistons) and a built top end with SS valves, Crower springs & titanium retainers. I've been using software calle tuner pro which is an open source free tuning solution that works in conjunction with either EPROM chips that you make with a chip burner, or with a chip emmulater like the Moates Ostrich, which is what I'm using. I am not using the full potential of the engine, becasuse I am still learning the art of tuning. I have dynoed the car at around 230hp to the wheels, which is far less than half of the potential power output of the engine. Once I unlock the potential with tuning, the next restriction is the turbo, which will limit me to somewhere between 300 and 350whp.



As for my other project car, the 1978 IH Scout Traveller (which I have made no posts about), it is still in the garage awaiting a new body. I have a parts truck in storage w/ a rust free body tub and fenders/hood. My Scout may fool you, b/c it looks nice on the outside, but there is plenty of rust underneath. In the mean time, it runs, but very poorly b/c the distributor shaft bushings have too much play and the ignition timing is all over the place. Basically that means hardly any power and HORRIBLE gas mileage. Some day I'll dig through some old photographs I have of work that I've done to the Scout and scan them so I can upload them here.


Well, that's about it for now. Here are some pics from the LADSM Dyno Day at Road Race. For the whole album, click here.




Photobucket Photobucket


Photobucket Photobucket


Photobucket Photobucket


Photobucket Photobucket


Photobucket

No comments: